Making cashew butter at home is a straightforward and delicious process. Here's how to make cashew butter:
2 cups of raw cashews
2-3 tablespoons of neutral oil (like vegetable or coconut oil)
Salt and sweetener (optional)
● Roast the Cashews (Optional): Roasting the cashews can enhance their flavor. Spread them on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10-12 minutes until lightly golden. Let them cool.
● Blend Cashews: Place the roasted (or raw) cashews in a food processor. Start blending at low speed, gradually increasing to high. Scrape down the sides as needed.
● Add Oil: While blending, add the neutral oil one tablespoon at a time until the mixture reaches your desired consistency. The oil helps make the butter creamy.
● Season (Optional): Add a pinch of salt or sweetener (like honey or maple syrup) to taste, if desired.
● Blend Until Smooth: Continue blending until the cashews turn into a smooth and creamy butter. This may take a few minutes.
● Taste and Adjust: Taste the butter and adjust the salt or sweetener if necessary.
● Store: Transfer the cashew butter to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. It can last for several weeks.
Homemade cashew butter is versatile and can be used as a spread, in recipes, or as a dip. Enjoy its rich, nutty flavor!